for the College of Letters and Science
2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Details and Planning
- Length of Ceremony
- The College Commencement Ceremony on Friday – two (2) ceremony times
- Guest Tickets – quantity and cost
- Two important items to remember as you are making your plans
- What do I do if I have a religious conflict on Friday evening or Saturday?
- Projected Commencement Dates for 2018 – 2023
Length of Ceremony
Allow two (2) hours.
The College Commencement Ceremony on Friday – two (2) ceremony times
The two (2) ceremonies are identical in every way, so either ceremony may be requested during the Time Preference Submission period prior to the Ticket Ordering period in late April. Each College division – Humanities, International Institute, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Social Sciences – will have a set number of student seats allocated for each ceremony time. A graduate may choose either ceremony time unless the venue capacity is full for that Division. Please visit Ticket Ordering for complete details on the ordering process.
Graduates with majors in the International Institute (see list ) attend the 2:00 p.m. ceremony only.
Guest Tickets – quantity and cost
- Graduates may order and receive up to four (4) guest tickets.
Two (2) additional may be requested via the wait list; these are not guaranteed.
Full details may be found on the Ticket Ordering page, Tickets section
- There is no cost for any tickets received.
Note: Sale or transfer of Commencement tickets is a violation of Section 102.23 of the UCLA Student Conduct Code. Violations may subject a student to discipline by the Dean of Students, including a hold on academic records.
Two important items to remember as you are making your plans
First… While your family may prefer one ceremony over the other, you are encouraged not to make plans to that end until the tickets have been requested and secured during the Time Preference Submission and Ticket Ordering periods in the Spring Quarter.
Second… It is strongly recommended that you and your family do not schedule flights on the day of the ceremony. Accounting for ceremony length and Los Angeles traffic – especially near and on-campus, the travel time to the airport, even for night flights, cannot be guaranteed.
What do I do if I have a religious conflict on Friday evening or Saturday?
Projected Commencement Dates for 2018 – 2023
(Dates are based on the Academic Calendar – may be tentative and, therefore, subject to change.)
- Friday–Sunday, June 15–17, 2018
- Friday–Sunday, June 14–16, 2019
- Friday–Sunday, June 12–14, 2020
- Friday–Sunday, June 11–13, 2021
- Friday–Sunday, June 10–12, 2022
- Friday–Sunday, June 16–18, 2023